C3 1978 - 1982 Corvette T-Top Installation
- Place roof panels upside down on a soft surface to prevent scratching the glass.
- Remove plastic tongue covers (1 phillip screw each) and plastic latch covers phillip screws each.
- Loosen (do not remove) all 7/16" nuts. There are a total of 7 nuts per top, 2 per tongue and three per latch.
- Distinguish a mark using tape and a pencil on center of car by measuring from the left and right front locating pins holes to the center of T-Sar above the windshield.
- Open the car doors and place T-Tops on car so tongues go into T-Sar, (see view A above) and front locating pin on latch assembly goes into hole.
- With T-Tops on car, close latches on both tops. watching for rear locating pin to engage in switch plate.
- Use center mark as a reference point to align tops. Move the tops side to side until you achieve a parallel position down the center or the T-Tops and across the back.
- With T-Tops parallel tighten latch nuts.
- Go inside car and tighten tongue nuts. NOTE: Adding shims raises top and deleting shims lowers top.
- If T-Tops appear unlevel return to the inside of the car and add or delete shims as necessary.
- If necessary, loosen latch and readjust tops to compensate for alignment.
- Replace all plastic covers to the T-Top panels and return panels to car.
- The glass roof panels are designed to lit approximately 1/8" higher than the rear roof surface, therefore. Do not attempt to adjust the glass panels flush with the roof surface.
- The glass panels should maintain a 1/8 - 3/16" clearance along front between glass and car.